What To Feed 'Em {part ii}

A while back I joined in on a little series about ideas, recipes and such to feed you kids. I haven't participated in a pretty good while but I've recently ran across 2 really good recipes that my kiddos LOVE! Landry use to be super picky but is now really opening up to a lot more stuff (which helps). I've also discovered he has a major love of, wait for it, BACON! the kid will down some bacon! So lots of morning when all else fails, bacon it is. Haha


Breakfast Casserole
(although I must say this doesn't have to only be eaten for breakfast, its delicious at any time)

Ingredients:
-- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
-- 1 can cream chicken soup
-- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
-- 2 cup diced ham
-- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-- (opt) a little green pepper & onion (i didn't used this)

Topping
-- 2 cup crushed cornflakes
-- 1/4 cup margarine, melted

Directions:
Mix together hash browns, soup, margarine, ham and cheese. Add to 13X9 baking dish. Top with cornflakes topping. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.




Cubed Steak

Ingredients:
-- 6 cubed steaks
-- 1 can cream mushroom soup
-- 1 can roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup
-- 1 can whole milk
-- 1 tbsp butter
-- 1 tbsp oil
-- Salt & pepper to taste
-- Garlic powder to taste
-- Creole seasoning to taste (opt)

Directions:
Season both sides of steak with salt, pepper, garlic powder and creole seasoning. Add butter and oil to pan and add steaks. Brown both sides being careful not to over cook. Once brown, add both can of soup and milk. Allow to simmer for around 20 minutes. Once done I removed the steaks and added a little flour to thicken the gravy just a little. 

**We love this with mash potatoes, the gravy goes great over them!**
**Also, you could use two plain cans of cream of chicken soup if so desired**




I've also found my kids love Ella's Kitchen baby food. What I think intrigues them most is that they can feed themselves. Right now we're also loving GoGo squeez applesauce, simply fruit roll-ups, mum-mum rice biscuits, stonyfield yokids squeezers and del Monte fruit cups. The other thing that I've found that my kids are really loving right now is Hormel Complete Kids Meals. Here is a picture . . .

Compleats_Kids_Large.gif
I don't know that they are the absolute healthiest things ever but the kids love them for lunch! And I'm kind of learning at this point that sometimes its just what I can get them to eat. 

Comments

Popular Posts