April Fool's Baby

So normally I would love to play some type of April Fool's joke on someone but this year apparently my little man decided the joke was on us! I had my doctor's appointment this morning and I was so nervous because I really wanted him to have grown so they would stop the talk about taking them early. I don't think I've been that nervous since our first ultrasound. Turns out my little Landry was playing a mean joke on mommy and daddy. Today he weighed 3 lbs 6 oz!! So apparently he thought keeping mommy and daddy all upset until April Fool's Day would be a good joke to play. We are so happy and relived!! God truly does have his hand on these little babies. Now I just need him to put his hand on mommy and get her through the next 5 weeks. My doctor asked me today how I was doing and I lost it. I said 'I'm done" and her response was simply 'no, no your not. It's a mind of matter game at this point so don't let it get the best of you.' Easy for her to say she's not carrying around 7 lbs of baby being asked to do it while they continue to get bigger over the next 5 weeks. In all reality I know I was just having a weak moment. I know I can do anything in order to get those little ones here plump and healthy. So back to my stats from the appointment.

* Weight 160.3 I haven't gained any weight in the last two weeks but the doctor says its most likely because I've been home, not expending tons of energy so not taking in tons of calories. She said just as long as the babies are gaining they aren't worried.
* BP - 140/90 - Yes they are somewhat worried. By the time I left she said it was 138/83. She said we'd start keeping a really close eye on it.
* Finley's HB - 143 Landry's HB - 148
* Both weigh right at 3lbs 6 oz. Landry was actually the bigger one today.
* They are both head down today. The way they are laying they are actually spooning!! Cute little snuggle bunnies.
* I got to see that they both have a ton of hair. It isn't very long but they have lots of it. In my case I guess the old wives tale of if you have lots of heartburn your babies will have lots of hair is definitely true.

Comments

Popular Posts