Pregnancy - Week 20


How far along: 20 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 25 lbs. Yes you read it correctly.
Maternity clothes: Wearing all maternity now but I think if I could get away with wearing sweats, that's all I'd be wearing!!
Stretch marks: None yet on my belly but I've noticed a few popping up on my boobs and hips.
Sleeping: Well I have good days and bad days. I'm still getting up to pee at night but this week after the move I have been exhausted so I've gotten much much better sleep.
Best moment last week: BEING 20 WEEKS!!!! WOOHOO!!! Getting all our stuff to the new house, knowing this is where we are going to be bringing our babies home to!!
Symptoms: Lack of sleep, constant hunger, peeing all the time, heartburn, backache and round ligament pain still.
Food cravings: My husband says I just crave food.
Food aversions: Not much of anything anymore.
I miss: NOTHING!!
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower in a few weeks and our growth scan this coming Tuesday.
Body Changes: Well as you can see from the post below my belly is definitely still growing. The dark line down the center of my belly, aka linea nigra, is starting to get darker. My belly button has completely flatten out but hasn't popped out yet.
Other Thoughts: My pregnancy book said this should have been one of the more enjoyable weeks of my pregnancy and well I must say it certainly has been!! I've had energy, felt good, gotten some decent sleep so that makes me hopeful I can get a few more weeks of this. We are moved! Now if we can just get unpacked and everything straightened up I will be much happier. They called this week to say my baby furniture would be here either this week or early next. I didn't plan on it being here for another 4 weeks or more, so needless to say I've gotten completely overwhelmed about getting a nursery idea together. My babies are active little munchkins. I feel them constantly and both Dalyn and I got to see them move on the outside this week. We don't get to see them much but its so amazing to see them poke out. I can't wait for the coming weeks and getting to feel and see them even more and more. I didn't get to post about my doctor's appointment last week so I wanted to just make note of a couple of things. My doctor said that they don't think I have kidney stones they think it may be a lingering infection. They have me on a really low grade antibiotic and said they may end of leaving me on it for the remainder of my pregnancy. He said my swelling last week looked really minor and on the upside has pretty much gone away even after being on my feet constantly all weekend. He also said that I was measuring 24 weeks, yes 24 weeks!!!!!! That was a little over 4 weeks ahead. So I'm going to be interested to see what it is this coming week. And lastly the most interesting thing he told me was that in the next two weeks or so I should be able to start telling the difference in kicks between the two babies. I'm not sure exactly what he meant by that but I'll be excited to see if I can say oh that's baby a or that's baby b. And maybe it won't be that specific but who knows.

Comments

Popular Posts