Moving/New Town Blues

So about this time into a move I start to get what I refer to as the "moving blues." Its that point where your not busily packing/loading/driving/unpacking/organizing/sorting. Its that point where you realize that you no longer have friends close by and the only person you have to call on for a "lunch date" is your hubby. Its when you realize that your all alone, in a new place, starting over, again!! Yes, it is as depressing as it sounds!! Well for no apparent reason it really hit me today. Maybe it's because I've been really busy unpacking or because Dalyn's been with me or because I've been busy with job interviews but I was starting to think maybe I wouldn't get it with this move. Well, no, hello moving blues. So I thought I would use this post to put a smile on my face with some of those people far, far away that I love and miss so dearly!! Please don't be offended if I don't list you. This will also give all of you a chance to meet those nearest and dearest to us.
This is my maternal grandmother. My mom, my grandmother and I have always had a very special bond and relationship. Since my mom passed away in 2005 my grandmother and I have gotten even close and lean on each other for a lot of support. Nothing happens in my life that I don't talk to my grandmother about. The truly has been a mother to me since my mom died.

This is my uncle (mom's brother), aunt and their grandson whom they are raising. My uncle has been a huge part of my life since the day I was born. He has spoiled me since I was little and I know that he would do anything in the world for me. He married Diane in 2006 and she is the sweetest, kindest person you will ever know.

**Disclaimer - I didn't post a pic of my dad because well he just left us and while I do love him and miss him dearly, I've seen him very recently. For the most part these are people I haven't seen for a while.**

This is Dalyn's mom and dad. I can't begin to say enough about them. I married into the absolute most amazing family ever. I thank God everyday that he gave me such a wonderful family to be a part of. They accepted me from day one and treat me as their real daughter. They give us more unconditional support and love than two people could ask for.


This is Ashley and Tony. Our most nearest and dearest bestest of friends. Our friendship came about in a very round about way but has been an amazing, fun filled one for the last 7 years!! A interested fact about us is that since we've been best friends we've never lived in the same city. We have such an amazing friendship that we make it happen to see each other. Rarely a day goes by that I don't talk to Ashley. This is also Reeslyn, Ashley and Tony's daughter, she is almost 9 mos old and has been an absolute light of our lives for the last 9 mos. I love her like she is one of my own and can't wait to watch her grow up in the coming years. **She's also patiently waiting a playmate from Uncle Dalyn and Aunt Jess :-) **

This is Jonathan, Casey and Liam. (Their daughter Nora to come later) We've known them for a little over a year but feel like its been years. They are truly a God sent in our lives and we love them so dearly. We met them in Knoxville and say their part of the reason why we love Knoxville so much! They truly are the type of people/friends who come along very rarely.

This is Nora (Jonathan and Casey's daughter) and Amy (Jonathan's sister). I can't begin to tell you what a little joy Nora is. She is at that age where she is so much fun to be around and makes to laugh at almost everything. Nora was my saving light at times over the past few year. Sometimes if I was having a hard infertility day just being around Nora would make it all go away. I've known Amy for a little less than a year but am so happy she became a part of my life. Becoming such good friends with Amy came so easy, she's such an amazing person and so delightful to be around.

This is Brad and Cassie. I could go on and on about the history with them but I'll keep it short. Brad and Dalyn have been best friends since they were in kindergarten, they even lived together for a few years in college. Naturally, Cassie and I had to become friends. She's so fun to be around and I'm glad they brought us together as friends. They recently moved to Knoxville so we got to spend about a month in the same city with them.

Last but certainly not least is Kelley and Jonathan. Jonathan and Dalyn went to dental school together and Kelley and I became good friends from the moment we met. We spent lots of time with them for the 4 years while they were in school. They are both two truly amazing people and we miss them dearly. We're hoping a vacation or visit with them will be in the near future.

Of course there are tons of other people but we'd be here all night if I listed everyone. So if I didn't list you please don't be offended we certainly miss you too. Moving to a new town makes you realize what amazing people you have in your life and how much you miss them when their now around on a regular basis.

Comments

Popular Posts