Crossroads

Do you ever feel like you've hit a crossroads in life?
I'm about to turn 25 in less than a week, yes just a baby I hear it all the time, but I feel like I'm coming to a point in my life where I need do decide what to do with this one life I've been given. I absolutely do not want to look back at this point years down the road and say, I would've done something different. Maybe infertility has caused me to come across this path, maybe it's my career path (or lack there of), or maybe it's the fact that I'm about to move in 6 weeks and am completely panicked. Or maybe it's just that I thought by 25 I'd have my perfect little plan in motion. I mean after all I have the perfect boy and a great marriage, I just thought things would fall into place from there.
So, I've been debating the career path recently. I haven't really told a lot of people but the clinic where Dalyn is going to be working in Washington has offered me an amazing accounting position. They have also offered to help me go back to school next year and get my Masters in Accounting. Great, huh? Well I'm just not excited about it, accounting is not where I want to be right now. So what to do?!? I'm going to accept the position for a few months until things get settled and then decide where to go from there. But don't hold your breath because I'm thinking about going back to school in maybe the Spring 2010, that is if a baby doesn't come along between now and then. Oh and that's the other thing I hear often, "since Dalyn is a dentist you won't have to work, so you can be a stay at home mom." Maybe it will change but I haven't ever really desired to be a full time stay at home mom. I've also looked at the possibility of a small side shop in Washington but haven't really decided much on that front yet. I'm sure God will point me in the right direction with all this but I just thought for now I'd put it out there.

Comments

Popular Posts