Pregnancy - Week 12

What's happening with the babies this week?
Up until this point, our babies head has been the largest part of his/her body but that's beginning to change. Unique fingerprints are now located on the tips of our babies fingers. The kidney and urinary tract are completely functional which allows the amniotic fluid he/she has been swallowing to be excreted. Covering our babies skin is a fine soft hair call lanugo.

How far along: 12 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself this week so I have no clue!

Maternity clothes: Its official I can no longer wear any of my regular pants. I can still fit into most of my regular tops some are just tighter than others.

Stretch marks: None yet. And I'm rubbing lotion on like a mad woman! I figure I'm not going to avoid them but maybe I can scare some away.

Sleeping: I have started to be uncomfortable some at night now. I notice myself tossing and turning a lot more. Still getting up about once a night to pee.

Best moment last week: Getting to see our babies moving and growing. They are so amazing to me and I love them so much already.

Symptoms: I'm exhausted this week! I thought when I hit the 12 or 13 week mark I was going to have this amazing burst of energy but it sure hasn't happened yet! I am still hungry almost 24/7. And have had a few waves of nausea this week.

Food cravings: Still on my OJ kick. And chocolate milk!! Yum, I'm in love with choc milk right now. (I find it weird that I'm not really craving foods but drinks)

Food aversions: Pretty much just bacon now

Gender: Couple more months, I'm guessing boy and girl, Dalyn says girls. We had our first person tell us boys this week though which was neat!

I miss: nothing what so ever. I don't know that I could be more happier with life!! With Thanksgiving coming up I told Dalyn this morning that I couldn't have imagined having such an amazing blessing to be thankful for. God certainly does work in amazing ways!

What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving Break!!! YAH for 5 days of rest, spending time with family & friends and of course FOOD!!! I'm also looking forward to my doctors appt when we get back.

Body Changes: I feel like my belly just grew out of no where overnight!! I still have the road map which is now moving down my arms! I've also moved up a bra size this week.

Comments

Popular Posts