Pregnancy - Week 31

I can barely contain myself, doing my week 31 post means that. . . . yes, you guessed it I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow!!! What a big sigh of relief. My doctor's have said at this point they won't stop labor which is kind of scary!! My ultimate goal is 36 weeks, which would be the first weekend in May. 4 more weeks doesn't seem to terribly impossible.

How far along: 31 Weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: 47lbs.
Maternity clothes: By staying at home I'm staying in comfy pj's a lot more, however I've had to upgrade to my hubby's t-shirts! Somedays staying in my pj's all day makes me feel like such a slob so I guess dressed for no reason.
Stretch marks: Yes, ugh :-( I have them on the lower part of my belly. I'm not thrilled about them but I'm starting to accept that its just part of carrying two healthy babies.
Sleeping: What's sleep? Seriously, I wouldn't consider what I do now sleep. I more or less nap now at night. Sleep is getting to the point of being impossible. Either I have to pee, am thirsty, uncomfortable, the list goes on. My doctor suggested Tylenol pm, so I caved and took some the other night, didn't even phase me!!! GRR
Best moment last week: Knowing that 32 weeks has finally arrived and I can breath a little easier now.
Symptoms: Lack of energy, contractions, aches and pains, loads of trips to the bathroom, lack of sleep, acid reflux. I could really go on for days.
Food cravings: I'm still loving any type of orange drink but am still mainly sticking to Koolade. I also have a love for ice now. I feel like I need to drink ice in everything even if it is straight out of the fridge.
Food aversions: Nothing
I miss: being able to do things for myself. It seems like more and more I'm becoming dependent on Dalyn.
What I am looking forward to: Getting to see the babies again. At this point I look forward to each changing week. Every week that I get closer to 36 weeks makes me so happy.
Body Changes: What about my body hasn't changed. So many people tell me that I look like nothing about my body has changed but that I just have a belly. I on the other hand feel like everything is changing. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day and I almost didn't recognize myself.
Other Thoughts: In the past few weeks I've really been so over being pregnant. I've just wanted these little munchkins here. This week I feel a little more at peace with being pregnant just a little while longer. Maybe its because I haven't been miserable this week or maybe its just because I know 4 more weeks should put them here healthy and possibly ready to come straight home with me. In other thoughts, most of my books say the babies movements will be slowing down this week. Someone forgot to give my babies the message. Yesterday they were so busy that by the afternoon I was sore from where they had been kicking on me all day. My doctor and I discussed delivery this week and I think I've settled on a c-section. I know it comes with its owns risk but it just seemed like the less risky thing for both me and my babies. I'm completely at peace with my decision so that makes me feel like it was probably the right one. Everyone say a little prayer for me and the babies and making it 4 more weeks at least!!!

Comments

WantWait&Pray said…
Just a few days behind you and SO excited to hit 32 weeks as well! We will defnitely be having a c-section as baby boy (A) is breech and has been for several weeks. My dr said we'd schedule a c-section at 38 weeks..pending I don't go into labor sooner. I am TERRIFIED of trying to make it another 6 weeks. Ugh! Praying that stopping my medicine at 35 weeks (the meds I've been on every 5 hours since week 25 to stop contractions) will maybe move things along sooner. Making it to week 36 is my goal...but I'd like to go before week 38. Yay us!!!

Popular Posts