Pregnancy - Week 26

How far along: 26 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 40 lbs even as of Tuesday
Maternity clothes: At this point I think this is kind of a silly question! I'm now having to buy bigger sized maternity clothes!
Stretch marks: Yes, ugh :-( I have them on the lower part of my belly. I'm not thrilled about them but I'm starting to accept that its just part of carrying two healthy babies.
Sleeping: I've been sleeping a little more decent lately. I get up about twice a night to pee and normally about twice a night to re-adjust my position and pillows. My hubby thought it would be cute to record me snoring the other night. Maybe its pay back for all those nights I recorded him so he'd know what I had to deal with.
Best moment last week: Knowing the my fFN test came back negative and that the babies are going to hopefully stay put a little while longer. I also got to see them which is always exciting.
Symptoms: I have had a huge drop in energy this week! Contractions and hip pain.
Food cravings: I currently love any type of orange flavored drink. I go through a big thing of Gatorade in about 2 days! I also want something to drink constantly.
Food aversions: Nothing
I miss: nothing! I couldn't be happier.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery finished and organized. Our next shower in a few weeks. Making it to 32 weeks, I feel like when I get there I can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Body Changes: It amazes me how my body has changed. I never thought by belly could stretch like this and at times I tell my hubby I just don't think it could stretch anymore.
Other Thoughts: This week didn't go quite as planned and if my doctor has his way I don't think next week will either. I'm making lists and planning like crazy just in case bed rest arrives next week. Although, honestly I think my body is starting to tell me its at least time to cut back. My hubby and I work at the same health clinic and some days we work 9 hours or more. Its just to much for this preggo momma to handle. I will do whatever it takes to keep these babies put for the next 9 or 10 weeks at least. Oh I almost forgot to mention that both my babies were head down this week. The doctor said there was a pretty good chance they wouldn't stay like that for the remainder just yet but it keeps me hopeful for a naturally delivery.

Comments

Popular Posts