Pregnancy - Week 22

How far along: 22 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 32 lbs. That's not completely official but that's what the scales here at work say. I'm almost to the 150 mark.
Maternity clothes: Okay so let me just share a tid-bit that nobodies ever shared with me before. . . your maternity clothes that you think are going to fit for the entire 9 mos, yeah, with twins they don't! I'm starting to outgrow everything it seems like. I've had to buy new panties, some new (bigger) tops, pants, shoes, EVERYTHING!!!
Stretch marks: Still none on the belly but definitely have them on my hips now. I've kind of always had some light ones there from when I hit puberty. But now they are stretching bigger.
Sleeping: Well I have good days and bad days. More bad than good. I'm still getting up to pee at night. And sometimes my back hurts so bad I'm not sure I can lay down any longer to sleep. Not to mention now that my stomach muscles ache (I'm assuming from where they are stretching) to the point that I just have to sit up. Also I worry constantly about sleeping on my back, my doctor told me "don't stress, if we were meant to lay on our sides during pregnancy God would have created us with a kick-stand." True but books shouldn't make such a big deal about it if it isn't. Also, my hubby says I've started snoring.
Best moment last week: We got our baby bedding, and I LOVE IT!!!!!! Getting the bedding makes it so much more real now. We finalized plans for the nursery and my Dad is staying for a few more days to help us get it done, or at least to the paint stage.
Symptoms: Lack of sleep, constant hunger, peeing all the time, heartburn, backache and round ligament pain still.
Food cravings: I just crave food 24/7. Awe alas a craving, Chick-fil-A milkshakes!!
Food aversions: Not much of anything anymore.
I miss: being able to get comfortable in bed.
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower in a few weeks. Getting my bedding this week. Getting my furniture either this week or next.
Body Changes: The dark line down the center of my belly, aka linea nigra, is starting to get darker. My belly feels like it is starting to get big now. At times so much so that I get uncomfortable and can't do anything to feel some relief.
Other Thoughts: I have so many fun things coming up in the next few weeks that I can't wait for them to get here. This week I also have a lot of blog updating to do because I'm so behind on keeping track of this pregnancy! Where have the last 22 weeks gone??? I'm going to be sad to see it come to an end. I have absolutely adored being pregnant and can see why so many women say they would love to stay pregnant. My most favorite thing about pregnancy by far is being able to feel the babies move. I've been so incredibly lucky so far and I thank God everyday for that. I hope the next few months continue to go as smoothly.

Comments

Popular Posts