Pregnancy - Week 15

What's happening with the babies this week?
Your baby is preparing himself/herself for a growth spurt over the next several weeks. Your baby's head is more erect now than it has been in the previous weeks. His/her ears and eyes are situated in their final positions. These three things are giving your baby a more "normal" appearance. Several of the more complicated body systems are also beginning to function including your child's urinary and circulatory system. Your baby's heart pumps around 25 quarts of blood per day.

How far along: 15 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs as of yesterday

Maternity clothes: Pretty much in maternity at this point, except I can still wear some of my regular tops.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleeping: This has been the worst week of sleep I think I've had in my ENTIRE life!!! Don't ask me why but I feel like I haven't slept all week.

Best moment last week:Feeling the babies moving! Yep, that's right I have started to be able to feel them. I thought I had for the last few weeks occasional but now that my uterus is high, I can definitely feel them. Of course its not constant yet but its a relief to be able to feel them whenever I can. Sometimes they get to fluttering around it almost tickles from the inside out. I can't wait until Dalyn can feel them but he loves being able to know when they are moving around.

Symptoms: Oh where do I begin, I thought this was all suppose to stop in the second trimester. Lack of sleep, constant hunger, headaches, peeing all the time and I am constantly itchy and round ligament pain still.

Food cravings: I am in love with Japanese Onion Soup right now. Weird, huh? I think I could eat like 3 bowls a day. I'm also eating things that I never eat before I was pregnant. I had BBQ ribs last night for dinner and have only ever had ribs like twice before in my life.

Food aversions: Just bacon

Gender: We go New Year's EVE to find out the sexes. I still think boy/girl and Dalyn still thinks girls. Remember to vote!!

I miss: sleep! I've always been one to sleep like 8 hours and sleep sound. I miss that sound sleep but I'll deal without forever to get these two little ones here healthy.

What I am looking forward to: I'm so excited about finding out the sexes I could care less if we just skipped right on by Christmas. So I would have to say I'm more looking forward to what they are!!

Body Changes: I think my belly is growing at a much faster rate than I imagined it would. I'm going to try and start taking weekly pics from now on but I can't promise anything. I had a small scare yesterday, I was having terrible pains and pressure so when I call the drs office they wanted to see me right away. Turns out it was that darn round ligament pain again. He said my uterus is measuring at about 19 weeks which is pretty common. Its right at my belly button which I could feel too. He said the ligament pain normally starts about then in a singleton and continues to about 30 weeks, so he pretty much said to get use to it. Oh and did I mention he informed me I was going to be huge!! Thanks doc! He also said I needed to start sleeping on my side now, so I'm trying to get use to that. We asked him if we could do an u/s to try and peek at the sexes but he said we only about a 30% chance of being able to correctly tell both of them, so we decided to wait. I'm really dying to know!!!!

Comments

WantWait&Pray said…
Oh wow...where to start for commenting.
1- I feel itchy too! I think I had a growth spurt in my belly yesterday(can that happen even) and I felt pulling and stretching and ITCHY all day on my belly! Crazy!
2- I am eating things I would never have considered eating before too! Seriously...I almost ordered the weirdest meal the other night from a restaurant!
3- I've been feeling movement too and it's amazing. It's still so faint that it's hard to tell if it is what it is.....but from everything I've read..that is what it feels like. I've felt little flutters and little "pops".
4- I can't believe the Doc wouldn't peek at the sexes. On boards I visit, so many twin mommy's found out prior to 15 weeks (though it was confirmed at the 20 week appt) so that's odd your Doc said it's only a 30% chance he could tell. I'm sure he is erring on the side of caution. But.....I can't wait to hear what you're having. And hopefully confirm or deny our previous guess too!
I lost count.....5- I think? I can't believe he said you measured 19 weeks for a singleton! WOW does that put it into perspective!
You're doing great and I can't believe we're almost 16 weeks!!!!! YAY!
Talked about names yet?

Popular Posts