Pregnancy - Week 11

What's happening with the babies this week?
This week our babies will begin to take on a more normal appearance as the eyes move closer together and the ears move closer to their final position. Their intestines have grown so fast that they actually extend into the umbilical cord, but they will begin to move back into the abdomen. Their kidneys can now secrete urine, and their nervous systems are continuing to mature. Our babies have developed more complicated reflexes such as sucking.

How far along: 11 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: 122lbs - up 7 lbs so far. I have a feeling the way my clothes are fitting its gonna start going up pretty fast from there.

Maternity clothes: I'm discovering more and more of my pants are fitting at this point and the belly band would work if I could get them half way zipped, but some I can't even get to that point. I would say by next week or the next I'll almost exclusively be in maternity clothes. I think at this point my regular clothes are just going to become to uncomfortable.

Stretch marks: None yet. And I'm rubbing lotion on like a mad woman! I figure I'm not going to avoid them but maybe I can scare some away.

Sleeping: Still being woke up at night by my bladder, dreams or my tummy! I'm only getting up to pee about once a night now but am just waking up occasionally for no real reason. I'm also having some pretty crazy, imaginative dreams!!

Best moment last week: Getting to see our babies moving and growing. They are so amazing to me and I love them so much already.

Symptoms: A good majority of my symptoms have pretty much gone away. Last week after they drew 8 vials of blood and after going all weekend, I'm exhausted this week! I am still hungry almost 24/7, sometimes so much it almost annoys me!!

Food cravings: I crave food in general, but I'm really loving OJ and Naked smoothies this week. I also don't I've discussed with you guys my love for Fruity Cheerios right now. I normally eat like two bowls a day!! Dalyn thinks its so funny.

Food aversions: Bacon and Fast Food, I added Mexican to my aversions this week.

Gender: Couple more months, I'm guessing boy and girl, Dalyn says girls.

I miss: nothing really. I don't know that I could be more happier with life!!

What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving Break!!! YAH for 5 days of rest, spending time with family & friends and of course FOOD!!!

Body Changes: I feel like my belly just grew out of no where overnight!! I still have the road map which is now moving down my arms! Other than that I haven't had a lot of other changes.

Stayed tuned, I've set a reminder for myself to take a picture of the baby belly tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts