Pregnancy - Week 10

What's happening with the babies this week?
Our babies have now completed the most critical portion of their development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in their body rapidly grow and mature. They are swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy. If you could peek inside you would see the babies have tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin. Our babies limbs can bend now. Their hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over their hearts, and their feet may be long enough to meet in front of their bodies. From crown to rump, they are about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, they will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.
(BabyCenter.com)

How far along: 10 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: Haven't weighed myself recently but will update when we got back to the doctor on Wednesday.

Maternity clothes: I'm finding myself at an interested in between right now. My regular clothes are just a little to tight but my maternity pants still don't fit just quite right. Casey sent me a belly band and I'm using it with my regular clothes and I've also found dresses with leggings are super comfy so I'm sporting lots of those too! I've been gifted so many maternity clothes at this point I don't know how much more I'll have to buy.

Stretch marks: None yet. And I'm rubbing lotion on like a mad woman! I figure I'm not going to avoid them but maybe I can scare some away.

Sleeping: Still being woke up at night by my bladder, dreams or my tummy! I'm now getting up pretty much twice a night.

Best moment last week: My daddy sent me a box of maternity clothes with the sweetest card. I must say he did an excellent job picking them out (although I think some kudos go to Pam, his g/f).

Symptoms: I haven't had a ton more morning sickness, thank goodness. I'm starting to feel like I have a little more energy during the day but certainly am still worn out by about 5pm. I've had a bout with constipation which the doctor says is normal. (TMI, I know but I want to remember everything). I also have a constant runny nose. I've also started having some abdominal cramping which the doctor said was normal and most likely my uterus growing!

Food cravings: I crave food in general, I just want to eat all the time.

Food aversions: Bacon and Fast Food, I added Mexican to my aversions this week.

Gender: Couple more months, I'm guessing boy and girl, Dalyn says girls.

I miss: my mom :-( This week it really hit me that I'm going through this without the most important woman in the world. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of amazing supportive women in my life, including my fabulous mother-in-law. But I certainly wish my mom was here to go through this with me.

What I am looking forward to: Our appt on Wednesday. I can't wait to see how the babies are growing!!

Body Changes: I decided to add this one because my body is certainly changing overnight it seems. I def have a baby belly. Dalyn says some days I look more pregnant than others. Everyone says I'm gonna be all belly but my hips seem to be saying otherwise. This week I discovered my torso looks like a road map! Blue veins going everywhere!!! I think it happened during the course of a day and its very interesting.

Comments

WantWait&Pray said…
Oh my gosh, I feel like I could have written several parts of this post myself.
There are so many similarities: runny nose, road map on the belly, feeling energy come back slightly during the day, up twice a night to pee....
I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and very much looking forward to crossing that milestone! We're almost out of the first trimester!!!
I also feel that my belly varies in size. There are some mornings that I look pregnant and some that I don't. But come night time, the bump is definitely back!
kbyoung said…
OMG! I feel so far out of the loop. I havent checked your blog in a while and lookie lookie Jessicas got a cookie :)
I am sooooooooo happy for you. I cannot wait to hear about your journey. Love you girl!
Jessica said…
Kelley~I'm sorry I've been telling Dalyn I'm going to call you for weeks but I never seem to have time for anything!! Send me an email and let me know how things are with you and jy?! Love & Miss you guys!!

Popular Posts