Back to Blogging Reality

Wow, I can't even find words to describe to you guys what a world wind the last two weeks of our lives has been like. I'm going to give a really quick run down and then recap some other happenings. Dalyn finished up his residency at UT Knoxville last Tuesday (June 30) and we packed up all of our stuff to sit in limbo for a few days. We went home to stay with family until we heard from his board scores. We got home around 9ish Tuesday night and boy were we glad to see a real mattress. We had packed all our stuff, including mattresses, in the back of an ABF moving truck so we had been sleeping on an air mattress for like 4 days. We found out Thursday that we would be continuing our journey onto Washington, NC for Dalyns new job. However, we decided there was no sense to rush so we spend the remainder of the holiday weekend with family and friends in Western North Carolina. Monday morning we pulled out, along with my dad, on our long trek to Washington, NC. It took us about 7 1/2 hours and we arrived at our new house around 6ish. We've spend the next few days unloading the truck, unpacking boxes, painting and sprucing up around the house. We are needless to say absolutely exhausted. I don't think any of us have motivation for any more at this point but the show must go on. I feel like we've made a pretty good dent in everything and should hopefully be really settled in the coming week. Dalyn should start to work sometime in the next two weeks but for now I have a "honey-do" list a mile long. Don't feel bad for him though he has my dad here to help. As for me I haven't even started the job search yet so at of now I'm unemployed. So other than that I thought I would take a few moment to answer a few of our most commonly asked questions since we've moved to the coast of NC.

How do you like the house/area?
So far we are absolutely in love with the house. It couldn't be more amazing. We're so ready for family and friends to start visiting so we can share our amazing digs with them too. We haven't been out and about in the area much but what little we have been, we like it so far. People in town are so extremely nice and friendly, its really an adjustment. One of my biggest complaints thus far is sand. Now don't get me wrong, we're not living right on the sandy beach, but there is enough sand around that when our dogs go out and even get this slightest bit wet they drag 3 lbs of sand back in.

How are the dogs adjusting?
Well for those of you that probably don't know there is no type of fencing around this house at all. So our dogs are free to roam the neighborhood, which is something they've never really had. So far I would say we're doing, "ok." We've had our really good moments and we've had our really bad moments. Luckily, the neighborhood is pet friendly and everyone has dogs and loves other dogs. So I would say all in all they are still adjusting but they are doing really good. Allie, is our swimmer, and she is absolutely LOVING being on the water. She swimming at least two or three times a day now. Our neighbors can't believe that she swims like she does and that she's as old as she is. Also, because they've been running like a pack of wild dogs everywhere, they have been exhausted. When they come inside they lay down and just sleep like I've never seen them sleep before. We love it, especially at night!!

And the ever present question, How am I doing?
Technically, if you can still measure I'm 9 weeks. I have not miscarried yet. If it doesn't happen this week I will need to go back next week. I had a RhoGam shot and it's only good for three weeks and next Monday will be my three weeks. So my goal this week is to find a doctor to get into. Its amazing that I haven't had any cramping or spotting at all. When we went to the doctor before we left Knoxville she seemed to think I wouldn't go anymore than three weeks, so I guess we'll see. Its kind of strange to me because I'm at a point that some of my pants are getting a little tight and I feel like I'm showing a little. So I feel like I'm not going to be able to handle it emotionally in another week or so. But we'll leave it up to the new doctor and see what she says.

Well, I think that's all for now. I'm certainly happy to be back in the land of the blogging. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to blogging a lot more but don't hold me to it, at least not for the next week or so. Oh, and I almost forgot we got to see a bunch of porpoises swimming right off our dock tonight. I was so neat to see them our there playing and swimming around.

Comments

Popular Posts