Healing/Doctor Update

I just wanted to update everyone on how I'm feeling. Everyday seems to be getting better and better. I feel pretty lucky with everything, my worst side effects from surgery were soreness in my abdomen and a really bad sore throat. Also, something not mentioned in side effects was a pretty bad tape allergy that I have. That's been a little annoying also. I haven't had any heavy pain meds in two days so I'd like to think I'm doing pretty good. I went to the doctor this morning and she removed the steri strips that I had left over my incisions. She said it looks like my incisions are healing well and that the remainder of my bloating should be gone within the next couple of days. She gave me some pics that I'd love to post but don't have a scanner. When they do the surgery they fill your abdomen with gas and make you look like your about 8 months pregnant. I had her take a picture of what my stomach looked like, she said its more what my belly would look like at about the 6 mo. mark but its funny to see none the less.

Anyways, now that I'm healing well, onto the rest of the news she delivered. She said my endometrosis was about a stage 1-2, very mild, expect in one spot. All the spots on my ovaries were all very small and shallow (which is good). She got all the endometrosis lasered off and said everything looked great when she finished. My left fallopian tube had been blocked and she said with a little pressure they successfully got that open. She said everything looked great and was functioning as it should when she finished. She did an ultrasound today and it looks like I have two eggs, which is the goal!!!! so we are going to proceed with IUI again this month. All in all she seemed very hopeful that we should be pregnant within the next 3-6mos!!! I know to be careful with getting my hopes up so we will see how it goes over the next few months. Keep the prayers coming that God will bless us with a child in the coming months.

Comments

Popular Posts