A few recipes we love. . .

So after some inspiration from a friend who posts great recipes on her blog I decided I have some great recipes I should share. Some I've just run across and some I've stolen. I've also been meaning to post several from Christmas that everyone begged for, so here they all are. . . .

Mexican Casserole
What you need:
--1 lb. ground sirloin
--1 can Rotel (I used mild)
--1 can cream of chicken soup
--1 can chicken and rice soup
--1/2 package of Taco seasoning mix
--1/2 bag of tortilla chips, crushed
--1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place crushed tortilla chips in botton of casserole.
Brown ground meat and drain. Add Rotel and both cans of soup (don't drain anything). Add taco seasoning mix. Stir and heat through until bubbly (about 3 minutes). Pour mixture over crushed tortilla chips.
Cover with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly delicious!


Cheesy Chicken Simmer
What You Need:
--2 tsp. oil
--4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
--2 cups frozen broccoli florets
--1 can (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup w/ herbs
--1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
--2 cups instant brown rice, prepared as directed on package (I actually steam my own, but whatever you prefer)

Directions:
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 min., turning after 4 min.
ADD broccoli, soup and VELVEETA; mix well. Simmer on medium heat 7 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF).
Serve over rice.

Comments

Popular Posts