A Glimpse Back

2008 started with no big frills for Dalyn and I. We've never really been big on doing things to celebrate, normally its to cold and I'm not a fan of the cold. Last year we spent New Year's Eve with two really good friends, Jon and Kelley. We rang in 2008 at the Flying Saucer, which is a neat bar in Nashville. We knew 2008 was going to be a big year because of Dalyn's impending graduation from dental school, something we had been counting down since he began.

January went by fairly uneventfully. In February, Dalyn took part two of his National Boards. This was a huge deal in our household. He studied for months on end for the test, and of course passed with flying colors!! February 2, also marked my mom being gone for 3 years. After 3 years that day hasn't gotten any easier and I dread the day for most the month of January. In February, we also got the news that our best friends would be expecting their first baby.

March marked a year that Dalyn and I had been trying, fairly unsuccessfully to have a baby of our own. At that point really no one knew we were trying. It wasn't something we had ever made a big deal of and didn't really want anyone else making a big deal of either. This is the point where we decided to seek a doctors opinion. We also made the big decision to move to Knoxville for Dalyn to attend a GPR. A big decision that has been looming over us but one that was fairly easy for us to make.

April was fairly uneventful. Which in hindsight was probably good because May was insane. We spent most of the month of May trying to prepare for the impending move. We made the decision to rent our house instead of sell. So we spend the first part of May trying to get it rented and also trying to find a place to rent in Knoxville. Dalyn graduated from dental school May 17, making him a Dr. !!!! Wow, it still kind of weirds me out to be Mrs. Dr. (hehe). Tragedy also struck us on May 17. A day that should have been filled with joy and excitement was shattered with loss. Dalyn lost his mentor and very good friend, Landon McGary, in a motor cycle accident. We received word on Sunday after Dalyn's graduation that Landon had passed away. We carry Landon's memory with us everyday. Landon was the entire reason Dalyn became a dentist and I know Dalyn will forever strive to prove himself to be the dentist Landon knew he could be. The last couple of weeks of May were a complete blur. They were spent packing and trying to prepare to move.

We packed up and made our move to Knoxville June 6th. Dalyn and I spent most of the month of June trying to get settled into a new house, new town and new life. I also spend the month searching for a job, which I didn't find. In June I lost a good friend from high school, Shawn Blanton. Shawn was a NC State Trooper and was killed in the line of duty on June 17th. Shawn had been one of my best friends since we were freshmen in high school. It was truly a tragic loss.

Dalyn started his new job the first of July, and I continued to remain at home without a job. I always thought I would love be a stay at home wife. I was wrong! I was so extremely bored. I spend day after day searching for a job. I don't think my house has ever been quite so clean because I had nothing else to do.

August finally brought me a job. I got a part time position at Tennessee Lasik Assoc. I am the receptionist but I absolutely love it. I have the best co-workers so I think it all worked out for the best. Dalyn and I also celebrated 3 years of marriage August 6. WOW how time flies!! It seems like just yesterday we were getting engaged. We also had a pretty big accident in August, our Yorkie, Boston, broke his leg in August. He had surgery two days after he broke it and we spend weeks tending to his ever need making sure he healed.

September and October went by in a flash. Its hard for me to remember what happened over those two months. In November, we welcomed Ashley and Tony's new baby, Reeslyn Belcher. We are so happy to have her in our lives and can't wait to continue to spoil her.

And next thing you know here we are celebrating a new year. Dalyn has been busy searching for a job for July 2009, after he is finished with his GPR. We haven't found anything yet but we will be sure to update when we do.

We have had a very blessed 2008. We lost several people but they will never be forgotten. We are looking forward to what 2009 has to bring. Also, I will post later what our New Year's Resolutions are going to be. I think I've made a pretty interesting and unusual one this year. We hope everyone had a great 2008 and has an even better 2009.

Comments

Popular Posts